[ December 27, 2018] 2019 Official Graduation Theme (DepEd, Philippines). The Philippine Department of Education has just released the 2019 official theme for graduation rites across all public and private schools in the country.
“Pagkakaisa sa Pagkakaiba-iba: Kalidad na Edukasyon para sa Lahat (Unity in Diversity: Quality Education for All)”
DepEd Order No. 002, s. 2019 (School Year 2018-2019 K to 12 Basic Education Program End of School Year Rites). The following are the highlights of the released department order dated February 18, 2019:
(1) For School Year (SY) 2018-2019, the Department of Education (DepEd) announces the conduct of the following End-of-School-Year (EOSY) Rites:
Kindergarten: Moving Up or Completion Ceremony
Grade 6: Graduation Ceremony
Grade 10: Moving Up or Completion Ceremony
Grade 12: Graduation Ceremony
(2) The 2019 ceremonies shall focus on the theme Pagkakaisa sa Pagkakaiba-iba: Kalidad na Edukasyon para sa Lahat (Unity in Diversity: Quality Education for All). Schools, divisions, or regions may translate the theme into their respective Mother Tongues. This theme highlights the role of K to 12 Basic Education Program in developing an educated society where the challenges and benefits of diversity are embraced and welcomed by every Filipino.
(3) As announced in Enclosure No. 2 of DepEd Order (DO) No. 25, s. 2018 entitled School Calendar for School Year 2018-2019, the end of school year rites should be scheduled not earlier than April 1, 2019 but not later than April 5, 2019. Schools, divisions, or regions with an extended school year will have to be guided by their approved revised school calendar.
(4) In line with the government’s austerity program, DepEd reiterates the following policies:
Graduation rites should be simple but meaningful which encourage civil rights, a sense of community, and personal responsibility. While these rites mark a milestone in the life of the learners, these should be conducted without excessive spending, extravagant attire, or extraordinary venue;
Moving Up or Closing Ceremonies should be simple involving only the learners, their parents and the school; and,
Non-academic projects such as attendance to field trips, film showing, junior-senior promenade, and other school events should not be imposed as requirements for graduation or completion.
(5) The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates are as follows:
For private elementary and secondary schools, technical and vocational institutions (TVIs), and higher education institutions (HEIs), including state universities and colleges (SUCs) and local universities and colleges (LUCs): The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is optional. The signature of the school head is required, while the signature of the schools division superintendent is not required.
For public elementary and secondary schools: The use of the enclosed completion certificate and diploma templates is required.
(6) Awarding of honors to learners from Grades 1 to 12 shall follow the guidelines in DO 36, s. 2016 entitled Policy Guidelines on Awards and Recognition for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
(7) Further, the EOSY rites and moving up or completion ceremony shall be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the learners and their parents and shall not be used as a political forum. DepEd reiterates the strict compliance with DO 48, s. 2018 entitled Prohibition of Electioneering and Partisan Political Activity.
(8) For more information, please contact the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Teaching and Learning Division, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 638-4799 and (02) 687-2948, or email at [email protected].
(9) Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Graduation (Valedictory) Speech Manuscripts. We have here a list of links to graduation (valedictory) speech manuscripts published on iMillennial Publishers network (iMillennial and AcadShare). You are free to use them as references and guides for your 2019 graduation speech.
Graduation (Welcome) Speech Manuscripts.We have here a list of links to graduation (welcome) speech manuscripts published on iMillennial Publishers network (iMillennial and AcadShare). You are free to use them as references and guides for your 2019 graduation welcome speech.
Unity in Diversity: Quality Education for All (2019 Sample Graduation Speech).Filipinos are never really divided. We merely stand facing each other from various points and distances at the crossroads of unity. Our spirit of communal unity has never gone colder but has kept on flaming through time. In its sustenance, education serves as the fuel, and hence, the continuous delivery of quality, accessible, relevant, and liberating education of all Filipino learners irrespective of profiles and stereotypes.