Communication-in-Photo Contest (English Month Competition). Communication-in-Photo Contest is a photography competition that aims to integrate student photographer’s understanding of the communication process in the digital age into the art of photography.
- Participants shall submit their original photos capturing ‘communication and negotiation of meaning in the digital age.’
- Photos must be printed on 8.5”x11” photopaper and must bear an up to 10-word title and 25-word creative description placed at the bottom of the content.
- Deadline of submission is on November 25 (Saturday), 20xx.
- Judging of the photo-entries shall be made on November 28 (Tuesday), 20xx. Upon submission to the committee, Judges’ decision shall be considered final and irrevocable.
- All photo entries will be part of the photo-exhibit on the actual day of competitions. However, only three entries shall be awarded Champion, 1st Runner-Up, and 2nd Runner-Up.
- Adherence to Theme (40%). Photo-entry demonstrates originality and relevance to the theme: Communication and Negotiation of Meaning in the Digital Age.
- Clarity of Expression and Uniqueness of Concept (40%). Photo-entry conveys the ideas, messages, or thoughts in an imaginative and creative way.
- Creative Title and Description (20%). Photo-entry bears a highly appealing description and title based on the overall visual appeal.
Other English Month Competitions
Declamation Contest (Mechanics). Declamation Contest is a public speaking event that showcases student declaimers’ communication prowess in interpreting a literary piece, thereby providing the audience with a direct experience of the craft.
E-Poetry: Poetry Beyond Text (Mechanics). E-Poetry: Poetry Beyond Text is a digital poetry composition and presentation contest that captures the literary prowess of student poets in the light of digital media.
Essay Writing Contest (Mechanics). Essay Writing Contest is a writing competition where student essayists compose argumentative essays that have substance and that adhere to the conventions of the written discourse.
Extemporaneous Speech (Mechanics). Extemporaneous Speech is a public speaking competition that requires student speakers to deliver a limited-preparation speech with special focus on substance, organization of ideas and information, and confident delivery.
Flash Fiction Writing Contest (Mechanics). Flash Fiction Writing challenges student writers to frame a self-contained story in a few hundreds of words that can entertain, intrigue, and satisfy a reader in a tornado effect.
Speech Choir (Mechanics). Speech Choir or verse choir brings out the beauty of harmony and unison, hence providing speakers and listeners alike with an experience that is both exciting and intense in the interpretation of a literary piece.
Statement Shirt Competition (Mechanics). Statement Shirt Competition showcases student artists’ creativity and wit in designing a shirt that communicates their knowledge and insights into the functions, importance, and challenges of communication in English in the digital age.