- The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), announces the conduct of the 2nd phase of the Institution-Based Summer Training Program for Secondary School Teachers under the Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds. This is in support of the Department’s thrust on improving the education of learners with special educational needs. It will be conducted at Mariano Marcos State University (MMSU) in Laoag City for the Luzon cluster and University of Southeastern Philippines (USeP) in Davao City for the Visayas-Mindanao cluster from ay to June 1, 2019. The exact date for each cluster is to be announced.
- The program aims to provide general education teachers with the knowledge and skills on different pedagogies, assessment and intervention, accommodation in teaching and instructional planning for learners with special educational needs.
- This is the 2nd phase of the scholarship program. The grantees shall be the same people who were recipients of the scholarship last summer 2018. No substitution nor replacement is allowed in case a scholar or grantee is not available. The list of scholars is provided in the enclosure.
- The teacher-grantees are entitles to tuition fees, book allowance, and stipend. Travel expenses at the most economical mode of transportation shall likewise be provided including per diem for two days (one day before and one day after) in going to and from the venue. The book allowance, stipend and travel expenses of the grantees and scholars shall be downloaded to their respective regions.
- For further information, please contact Dr. Salvacion C. Olinares, Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division, Department of Education Central Office, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City through email at [email protected] or at telephone no. (02) 631-9993.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Leonor Magtolis Briones (Secretary)