As of this writing, DepEd School Calendar for School Year 2019-2020 has not yet been released by the Philippine Department of Education (DepEd). Please bookmark this page and come back soon for the updates.
In preparation for the opening of classes in June 2019 for the school year 2019-2020, the schools shall conduct the following activities:
- the Early Registration of students for the School Year 2019-2020 beginning on Saturday, January 26 until Friday, February 22, 2019;
- the annual Brigada Eskwela within the period of May 13-17, 2019 that enables the schools and respective communities to prepare the schools and facilities;
- the Oplan Balik Eskwela from May 20-31, 2019 for the enrollment of students; and,
- the In-Service Training (INSET) activities for public school teachers from May 27-31, or a week before the opening of classes in June 2019.
[The following is just a template of the order last year of DepEd School Calendar School Year 2018-2019]
Deped School Calendar for School Year 2019-2020 (DO __, s. 2019)
- The School Year (SY) 2018-2019 shall formally open on ________ and shall end on ________. It shall consist of ________ school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of ____ class days as shown in Enclosure No. __.
- Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the last day of August, as provided in Republic Act (RA) No. 7797, entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days. Said schools should notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from the school calendar.
- The Implementing Guidelines on the SY 2019-2020 Calendar of Activities are provided in Enclosure No. __ to enable the schools to effectively and efficiently implement the school events and activities. Likewise, the guidelines shall allow the ROs and the schools division offices to provide support to schools, particularly in the areas of instruction, and progress monitoring and evaluation.
- Schools may observe national and local celebrations/activities and holidays other than those indicated in Enclosure Nos. 2 and 3, provided that the activities are beneficial to the teaching-learning process, and that the total number of class days shall not be compromised.
- Make-up classes are recommended in lieu of class cancellations due to celebrations and holidays, as well as natural and man-made calamities. Mechanism for the conduct of make-up classes must be agreed upon by school heads and the Parent-Teacher Associations. In this regard, the ROs may issue a regional school calendar to announce and reflect their concerned events.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES (Secretary)