Jingle Making Contest (Nutrition Month Celebration). A jingle is a short song or tune used in advertising and for other commercial uses. Jingles are a form of sound branding. A jingle contains one or more hooks and meaning that explicitly promote the idea, product, or service being advertised, usually through the use of one or more advertising slogans.
- The contest is open to all senior high school students (Grades 11 and 12) of AcadShare State University.
- The theme of the contest shall be “Kumain Nang Wasto at Maging Aktibo…Push Natin ‘to!”
- Song entries must:
- Be lively, appealing, creative, and must bear the theme of the National Nutrition Month Celebration 2019, “Kumain Nang Wasto at Maging Aktibo…Push Natin ‘to!;”
- Be entirely original and must not have been used as entry in any other song competitions. No part of the lyrics can be copied from lines of other songs, or infringe any existing copyright and any other intellectual property rights;
- Be at least three (3) minutes but must not exceed five (5) minutes including the intro and extro;
- Not contain any indecent, rude, or offensive words; and,
- Be performed live at the celebration of the National Nutrition Month on July xx, 2019.
- Jingle entries may be written and interpreted in a popular or new song genre or a fusion thereof, in any form or structure.
- Lyrics may be in Filipino or English.
- Introduction and explanation of the song as part of the entry is not necessary.
- Participants may bring musical instruments or submit an audio file for the minus one bearing the song title.
- There shall be three (3) winners: 2nd runner-up, 1st runner-up, and champion who will receive certificates and medals.
Criteria for Judging
- Musical Content (40%). Catchy melody, lively music, rhythm, and recall.
- Lyric Content (30%). Coherence, ingenuity, and relevance to the theme.
- Creativity (20%). Fresh sound, unique approach to jingle writing, use of structure, instruments and vocals.
- Audience Impact (10%). Overall effect and impact on the audience.