Statement Shirt Competition (English Month Competition). Statement Shirt Competition showcases student artists’ creativity and wit in designing a shirt that communicates their knowledge and insights into the functions, importance, and challenges of communication in English in the digital age.
- All SHS sections shall have only two representatives (a guy and a girl) to model the statement shirts.
- Statement shirts shall depict the functions, importance, and challenges of English communication in the digital age.
- All statements and designs must be original.
- Statement shirt models shall be given a chance to exhibit their modelling skills during the competition through a short introduction and presentation of the statement.
- Upon submission of the results to the committee, judges’ decision shall be considered final and irrevocable.
- Only three (3) pairs of statement shirt models shall be awarded as Champion, 1st Runner-Up, and 2nd Runner-Up.
- Content and Relevance (40%). Statement shirt strongly depicts the functions, importance, and challenges of communication in English in the digital age, and free from grammatical errors and other unacceptable content such as those with sexual undertones and discriminations in any form.
- Overall Visual Appeal (40%). Other artistic visual addons and details such as font styles, colors, logos, and others complement with the content or improve the communicative appeal of the statement.
- Modelling (20%). Statement shirt model confidently presents the statement shirt, introduces oneself well, and quotes the statement with appropriate verbal and nonverbal effects.
Other English Month Competitions
Communication-in-Photo Contest (Mechanics). Communication-in-Photo Contest is a photography competition that aims to integrate student photographer’s understanding of the communication process in the digital age into the art of photography.
Declamation Contest (Mechanics). Declamation Contest is a public speaking event that showcases student declaimers’ communication prowess in interpreting a literary piece, thereby providing the audience with a direct experience of the craft.
E-Poetry: Poetry Beyond Text (Mechanics). E-Poetry: Poetry Beyond Text is a digital poetry composition and presentation contest that captures the literary prowess of student poets in the light of digital media.
Essay Writing Contest (Mechanics). Essay Writing Contest is a writing competition where student essayists compose argumentative essays that have substance and that adhere to the conventions of the written discourse.
Extemporaneous Speech (Mechanics). Extemporaneous Speech is a public speaking competition that requires student speakers to deliver a limited-preparation speech with special focus on substance, organization of ideas and information, and confident delivery.
Flash Fiction Writing Contest (Mechanics). Flash Fiction Writing challenges student writers to frame a self-contained story in a few hundreds of words that can entertain, intrigue, and satisfy a reader in a tornado effect.
Speech Choir (Mechanics). Speech Choir or verse choir brings out the beauty of harmony and unison, hence providing speakers and listeners alike with an experience that is both exciting and intense in the interpretation of a literary piece.